How does the Tango Challenge help me as a teacher/community organizer?
The Tango Challenge provides you with beginning dancers who are committed to learning with you for 3 months.
How does the Tango Challenge do that?
- By creating and facilitating a peer-cohort structure that specifically supports newbies in getting used to the challenge of learning tango
- By providing excellent quality content, created over the course of 8 years, on dimensions of tango music and culture relevant to beginners
- By creating a container that organizes community support behind beginners in the form of buddies and demos
What do I need, to be able to offer the Tango Challenge?
- Are there 2 practicas per week in your community?
- If not, is there a private space or someone's home where a small group of 8-10 could gather to practice?
- Are there 2 classes per week that a beginner can take?
- Are there at least 3 experienced social dancers you like and trust, who will help with community-building?
- Are you willing to teach 15-minute lessons during practicas to committed students for 3 months?
Here are things you don't need:
- You don't need a website
- You don't need a partner
- You don't need a curriculum, but if you have one you are using that is completely great!!
What if I want to build on the program so it fits my community better?
YES! We want you to do that!! While the Tango Hatchery program is something we feel confident you can use right out-of-the-box, we encourage you to create and test out your own variations on the material, whenever you have the inspiration and bandwidth, based on your creativity and your unique community's needs! And, you can share what you discover with the growing community of facilitators. Your license will allow you to create your own derivative content based on the materials we share with you.